Coming soon: a new web address for this blog!

[[[At the end of November I'll be migrating this blog to a new address, which will be: racemehome.blogspot.com]]]

30 November 2014

wish

Once
I danced naked on a stage
soaking in the warmth
eager to feel my body
glide and tense
with the sliding breaths
of a singing violin.

Morning comes
and pain blossoms
with lifting eyes
and I wish.

Then
I will stand
and stomp and
spin -
the crescendo
drawing me higher
to ecstasy.





This poem is inspired by real toads, real life, Lindsey Stirling, stripping, and tai chi

4 comments:

  1. Such a change through dance.. good to have the tai chi to come to... yes this was my intention of the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "drawing me higher / to ecstasy."...a journey from the body to the soul....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This flows beautifully, organically...lovely poetry, Katy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous15:16

    I loved it. The sounds and the movements in your words are breathtaking. :-)
    -HA

    ReplyDelete