Coming soon: a new web address for this blog!

[[[At the end of November I'll be migrating this blog to a new address, which will be: racemehome.blogspot.com]]]

01 October 2014

October to the Trees

sneaking
snaking
snuck
up on you -

You who thought
September pretties
could come alone,
without me on their heels.

Silly.

Dance with me
- shake your leaves -
I'll bring them down

all fluttering
stuttering
crumbling
to the ground -

The carpet
to be mauled by
nimble toes
dancing to your
winter's death.



I got inspired by Magaly Guerrero, who got it from a lovely Imaginary Garden with Real Toads
I highly recommend seeking them out, if ever you lack inspiration.

And yes, October really did sneak up on me this year.
I really thought September was longer.
Wasn't it longer last year?

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes...this is just how it is, this beauty that's not going to last. Lovely and fun, especially your opening lines:

    sneaking
    snaking
    snuck
    up on you -

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pleasure to read! What a wonderful way you have with the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This resonates for me perfectly--I do love October, but she is the one who steals summer and snakes in with the first thoughts of bleak winter...lovely movement here (I also saw some snakes for this challenge.) Glad you could join us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sneaky, sneaky...yes it is. its hot and then all of a sudden we're freezing to death!! :) great write

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is marvelous. Wry and rhythmically perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, sneaking up on us........and yes, it is always a surprise when September ends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect picture

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me tingle with giggles, Katy. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This reminds me of Shakespeare's witches in Macbeth...fabulous rhythm and the words...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really think it was longer....
    Love the descriptions...especially "stuttering," nicely done, Katy...thank you for reading me as well. :)

    ReplyDelete