Coming soon: a new web address for this blog!

[[[At the end of November I'll be migrating this blog to a new address, which will be: racemehome.blogspot.com]]]

14 August 2013

living happy

I slept so well last night. It was awesome. I didn't even mind waking up, because I felt so good.
I haven't cleared off my nightstand yet. Who has time to do these things? But I did get a good workout in yesterday evening, and at bedtime I turned off my gadgets and my light, and just laid down. And went to sleep.

Ha! Take THAT, insomnia! Consider your ass kicked!


You gotta understand, this is a whole lifestyle change for me. Without Major Depression riding me into the ground, I can live my life the way I've always wanted to... except that I've never been able to before, so I don't actually have any of the groundwork done. I have all the wrong habits, and I'm trying to change that. For years, I've been starting my day by fighting tooth and nail with myself to get out of bed, then dragging ass until, oh, 2pm, barely getting anything done.

This morning, I woke up smiling and gave my bouncing (literally) boy a big hug and some breakfast. Then I drove us over to the park so we could ride our bikes (he's not quite ready, in his opinion, for riding around town just yet). It was a short ride because I didn't have much time before I had to get ready for work.
That's HUGE. Before, I wouldn't have taken him to the park unless we had hours to spend; the short amount of time we had would have been too big an obstacle for my depression-ravaged brain. Today, I knew I had to just do it. And I was excited to do it. We're going again this evening, for a bit longer.
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment