Coming soon: a new web address for this blog!

[[[At the end of November I'll be migrating this blog to a new address, which will be: racemehome.blogspot.com]]]

03 June 2013

back in Bisbee

Today was my first day back in my own house, in Bisbee. And dude, it was awesome.

I chilled. I crafted. I sewed. I played with my critters.

I missed my little Bear, but that's ok. It was somehow invigorating to be alone in my house. Stress is knocking at my door - the VA hasn't sent me the stipend I live off, and if it doesn't show up soon I won't be able to pay my rent - but for today, I just enjoyed being in my own space.

I love being back in Bisbee. I went for a walk today, intending to spend some time at the tattoo shop where I'm doing my apprenticeship. My teacher wasn't there, though, so I didn't stay. Instead I walked over to the cafe where a friend of mine works, and had some tangerine lemonade and some spinach quiche. Delicious. I wandered over to the post office and picked up a week and a half of mail.

There was no rain.

All I need now is for Archer to come home from his business trip.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous13:35

    I'm getting on the plane now silly. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost hear the squealing bursting out of that last comment. Glad you are getting your art and crafting on. And did you have to say VA? *sigh* Now I have to call and make an appointment to get my hip checked. I had been trying to avoid it :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curséd VA strikes again! Bah. So much potential for goodness, so many ways to screw it up. I went to a pre-op appointment today, only to find out they scheduled it too far in advance, so I'll have to do another in 2 weeks. F'ing VA. And still no no stipend. *grumping*

      Delete